Amitabh Gupta, an IPS officer in the Maharashtra cadre, is Amitabh. He is a brilliant and upright officer. He has been involved in serious scandals. He was recently found to have given the Wadhavan family, which had been tainted by the scam, permission to leave Mumbai using passes issued to him. All charges have been dropped, and he has been re-appointed as the Commissioner of Pune by the Government of Maharashtra.
Amitabh Gupta also has strong connections with politicians and businessmen. He is friends with people from all parties, including Congress, Shiv Sena and BJP. He is close to top NCP leaders.
Amitabh permitted the Wadhavan family even though prominent family members are being investigated for fraud in Yes Bank Scam. Notices were issued against Kapil, Dhiraj. Amitabh Gupta still helped them.
Amitabh Gupta, IPS Maharashtra: Profile, Wiki and Family
Date of Birth: 18th June, 1969
Age: 51 Years
Birth Place: UP
- Tech. (Electrical Engineering) from IIT
Family and Relationship:
Interesting Facts and Lesser-Known Facts:
- Amitabh Gupta is a 1992 batch member of IPS.
- Amitabh was Bandra’s DCP when he got in touch with the Wadhawan family, who once lived in the same area.
- He was appointed Officer in Charge of issuing passes to migrant laborers who want to return to their homes and had misappropriated this position.
- Amitabh Gupta’s work in Pune is controversial. It is clear that he works under orders from the NCP leaders. His arrest in the Aryan Khan drug case was just absurd. It is very difficult to believe that such a bright individual can be made to agree with low-ranking politicians.