Pregnancy will bring some side effects to your body. One of them is headache. Of course, never a headache will make you feel comfortable. Talking about headache during pregnancy, it never comes without no causes. Indeed, it has some causes, such as:
If you are having headache during the first trimester of your pregnancy, that might be caused by the surge of hormones along with an increase in the blood volume circulating throughout your body.
Lack of sleep
It is commonly known that pregnancy make some part of your body get some pains. Of course, having some pains will annoy you. In dealing with your sleep, those pains might annoy you for making you hard to sleep as they come in the night. Having lack of sleep might bring ache to your head.
Pregnant woman needs sufficient ammount of water inside her body. If she has no enough water inside her body, she might face dehidration. Dehidration might lead someone to headache.
Stress often comes to pregnant woman. It can be understood for it is hard for woman to find no stress when they should find some big and too many changes in her body. Take for example, an increase of weight, pains in some parts of the body, and so on. Stress, of course, is able in causing headache.
So, the next question in dealing with headache might be things you should done to make you away from headache. Below i give some things which can make yourself away from this headache during pregnancy thing.
- Make sure that you have enough time for sleep and proper rest and relaxation.
- Do light yet regular exercises.
- Eat healthy and well-balanced diet.
If prevention is a hard thing to do, then just try take some medicines such as those contains acetaminophen ( you should underline that aspirin is not recommended for pregnant woman). Though acetaminophen is recommended, it is highly suggested that you choose natural path of remedies, such as:
- Apply a warm compress around your head.
- Practice deep breathing.
- Use warm water to take a shower or bath.
- Give your head, shoulder, and neck a massage.
Since you are pregnant, you should take a note to consult your doctor if you have one (or more than one) from these things below:
- Your headache getting worse.
- Your headache becomes persistent.
- You aware that your headache starts to be different than the normal ones.
- If you plan to take any medicines since some medicines might caused bad side effects for your pregnancy.
- Your headache comes together with sudden weight gain, swelling in hands and face, blurry vision.