While brushing activity has become part of routine daily activities since mankind was able to remember, but there are still errors when brushing your teeth. From brushing procedure, poll toothbrush, so no doubt arise complaint on oral health conditions.
There is a medical phrase that good dental condition is essential to achieve a healthy body as a whole, including general physical condition, ability to chew and speak, appearance and social relationships with the other person. To prevent tooth decay and gum disease, brush your teeth, wash with dental floss and visit the dentist regularly.
If you do not understand a good way to brush your teeth, get help and advice from your dentist. Do not forget, ask also other suggestions on how to prevent tooth decay like teeth with a fluoride treatment. Rub your teeth properly at least 2 minutes at least 2 times a day. And while brushing your teeth the most important not to be missed is at night before bed. It would be better if you can brush your teeth after each meal. Clean between your teeth with dental floss at least once a day. A good way to brush your teeth:
1. Adjust the size of a toothbrush with oral cavity, especially for scrubbing hard to reach. In addition, by having a toothbrush in accordance with the oral cavity can optimize a higher level of flexibility. Especially for those who have small enough tooth structure, it is advisable to use a small toothbrush anyway. Shape toothbrush heads can protect gums oval from possible hurt.
2. Brush your teeth and gums with the brush head at an angle of 45 degrees in the border areas between the teeth with gums.
3. Brush with soft movement and play. Brush the outer surfaces of each tooth above and below the 45-degree position bristles against the gum line so that leftovers may still slip can be cleaned.
4. Use the same motion to brush the inside surface of the teeth.
5. Scrub all the surfaces of teeth used for chewing. Use only the tip of the toothbrush bristles to clean teeth with light pressure so the bristles do not bend. Let bristle brush to clean the crevices of the teeth. Fox position toothbrush as often as possible.
6. To clean the inside front teeth, brush your teeth in an upright position and slowly move up and down through the gum line.
7. Brush your tongue to remove bacteria and to fresh breath.
8. Choose a toothbrush with soft bristles because the hardware can make your gums hurt and cause abrasion of the teeth, the thinning of the tooth structure, especially around the gum line. Abrasion can make bacteria and spent acid as hard coating protective gear tooth enamel has been eroded.
9. Replace your toothbrush bristle brush if it is damaged and store in a dry place so it can be dried after use.
10. Never lend your toothbrush to others as toothbrushes contain bacteria that can be transferred from one person to another even if the brush has been cleared.
11. Use an electric toothbrush for your child to make it easier to use. This type of toothbrush can actually clean better than a manual toothbrush, but you should consult with your doctor first about their use of your teeth.
Make it a habit to brush your teeth before bed. When a person is asleep, saliva production decreases, so that the flow was much reduced. Though saliva has a self cleansing effect which serves to rinse the plaque attached to the teeth. Sleepless nights can take up to 8 hours. In that long period, suffered plaque maturation, in which the number of bacteria more. At that time the teeth are susceptible to decay or cavities. Therefore, it is advisable to brush your teeth before bed in order to reduce the risk of oral health problems.
Brushing teeth should be done systematically, no leftovers behind. How brushing your teeth from the back right / left moved to the front and rear ends of the teeth right / left of the other. The result will be better brushing when using or disclosing solution disclosing tablets before and after brushing teeth. By disclosing solution, the layers are attached to the tooth surface can be seen clearly.
Known to some kind of way to brush your teeth, namely:
(a) Vertical Movement – Direction of brush movement up and down in upper and lower jaws closed. This movement to the tooth surface facing the cheek (buccal/ labial), while for the tooth surface that faces the tongue / palate (lingual / palatal), brushing movement up and down in an open mouth. In this way there is a drawback, which is not true when brushing your teeth can cause gingival recession / decline gum so that the roots of teeth visible.
(b) Horizontal Movement – Direction of movement brushing back and forth from the buccal and lingual surfaces. Rubbing motion on the field chewing known as scrub brush. It’s easy to do and in accordance with the form of chewable surface anatomy. The combination of vertical-horizontal movements, when done should be very careful because it can cause gum recession / tooth abrasion layer.
(c) Movement rolls engineering / modification Still man – In this way, simple movements, most recommended, efficient and reach all parts of the mouth. Bristles placed on the surface of the gums, away from the occlusal surface / field chewing, hair brush tip leads to apex / tip of the root, move slowly through the surface of the tooth so that the back of the brush head moves in curves.