Obesity is not only about the excess of body weight. There are many things can be attached to this health problem. To increase knowledge on this matter, let’s us talk about some facts about obesity:
- Obesity can be classified into three categories: severe obesity when the excess of body weight is about 20-40%, morbid obesity when the excess of body weight is about 41-100%, and the super obesity the excess of body weight is more than 100%.
- Some pills, like appetite suppressant, are recommended to cure obesity. But, in fact, no pills can permanently cure obesity. Things people need to do are consuming those pills while seriously in controlling their diet and doing regular exercises.
- Medical treatment of obesity might bring risks, especially eating disorder.
- Once finding their body overweight, people will try hard in diet. However, a strict diet is not recommended. Study reveals that lossing more than 8 kilograms in diet program will cause cancer and cardiovaskular trouble.
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention stated that overweight children might suffer of obesity in their adult.
- In dealing with obese children, adult can intervere their lifestyle and behavior. Doing such interventions are better than find your children having some serious health problems.
- Never think that people with obesity are to much in love with foods. Obesity is not considered as a psychiatric illness.
Obesity also can cause different affects on woman and man. These are some facts about that. On woman, it can influence the menstruation cycle, especially on those who are overweight since their childhood. Another hormonal problem caused by obesity is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). PCOS will cause failure of ovulation, infertility, hirsutism (excessive hairiness which make woman having hairs like man’s), and insulin resistance which can increase blood glucose consentrations. Besides the hormonal matter, woman with obesity will also face some trouble on metabolism, especially once she is pregnant.
Obesity can cause gestational diabetes on woman in pregnancy. Once facing gestational diabetes, woman with obesity will have increased levels of sugar in the blood and urine. This gestational diabetes will cause complications such as growth retardation, birth defect, and heart-effect to the baby. It also can cause abort on pregnant woman. That fact leads some woman with obesity take IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) to have baby. Then, woman in pregnancy or in birth-planning is really suggested to control their weight.
What about the effects of obesity on man? Just like woman with obesity, man with obesity will also find hormonal problem. Androgen hormone will be changed into estrogen. That fact will cause the decreasing of testoterone on man with obesity. Man with obesity also will face infertility.
Obesity Never Comes without Reasons
Just like many things happen in life, obesity never comes without reasons. There are some causes which make it happens. Gene is considered as one of obesity causes . It is caused by the genetic-transmission in the uterus. Genetic factor influences 33 percent of a person’s weight. So, an obese parent might obese children. The probability of this genetic factor will become larger if both of the parents are in alike body posture.
Another cause is trouble on hypothalamus. Hypothalamus is a part of human brain that devided into two sections, lateral hypothalamus and ventromedial hypothalamus. The trouble on ventromedial hypothalamus will effect human’s appetite. Obese ones are having trouble with this part. That causes people with obesity cannot control their appetite. Obesity also happens because of the emotional part of human life. Mostly, human will consume more foods if their life emotionally disturbed, for example when they are worry, terrify, bore, or interest with something. The overweight people will do the same.
Some diseases are considered as obesity causes. Those are cushing-syndrome and hypothyroidsm. Besides diseases, drugs are also can become causes of obesity. Those who want either to overcome or to avoid obesity should be carefully in taking some drugs, like antidepressant and contraception.
Beside those biological causes, obesity might happen because of some cultural causes. For example, a study reveals that most of obese people are easily tempted to take meals by external factors, such as taste, rather than the internal factor, which is the hunger itself. They will eat delicious foods even when they are not hungry. This excess dietary makes them hard to overcome the obesity. Doing no regular exercises is the next cause of obesity. Though physical activities only affect one third of normal-weight people’s energy expenditure, for overweight people physical activities have a very important role. Burning the calories, even in small amounts are still beneficial for them.
Having trouble with sleeping also the cause of obesity. Taking less time in sleeping will lead people to eat more food since they need to keep calories for their body. If that happens daily, of course, ones cannot get away from obesity. Place they live in and people they meet are other causes. Living in place where people are love to take snacks and sweets, of course, will lead someone to do the same. When someone deals with not-a-physically-active people, she or he becomes passive too. When those faced by obese people, it is clearly to be seen that they will hard to cure themselves. Last, but not the least cause, might be low self-esteem. Having low self-esteem leads people to eat as a way of an escape. By taking that escape, they will feel comfortable. Repeated failure at dieting also can affect people’s self-esteem and make them harder to lose weight.
How to Deal with Obesity?
Obesity is the excess of body weight. It is resulted by the accumulation of fat. Some people might suffer from it. What makes obesity becomes problematic is not only on its ability of bothering one’s appearance but also on its potentiality of causing health problems. It can cause heart-attack, diabetes, hypertension, and so on. Even it might cause death. That’s why it is important to understand how to deal with obesity. Here are things people need to do to overcome obesity:
- Mostly people will have meals for three times a day. You need no worry about that. That will not cause obesity unless you eat in a large portion for each time and take snacks and sweets right after that.
- Cheese, cream, butter, and others high-calories snacks are delicious. However, if you do not want to deal with obesity, you must try not to make them as your daily meals.
- If you are in a hurry, fast-food might become your choice. However, avoid it as much as possible. Start to satisfy yourself with fruits if you are in hurry. Once you have time, take your suppers.
- Drink eight glasses of water might be the most recommended thing in health tips. To overcome obesity you are also suggested to do that. Water might netralize toxins which cause obesity.
- Eat vegetables! Vegetables are the best-friend of any lose weight program.
- Try to avoid meats especially those contains high-calories. The low-calories ones (chicken for example) are still recommended to be consumed but still in a proper portion.
- Let your mouth works longer on foods. Eat slowly. The more time you take to eat, the less foods you will take.
- Consume your meals while your are in calm condition. Calm condition might make you think about how many foods you take.
- Use a small size plate. Small size plate will make you take small portion of meals.
- For some, alcohol might be a best friend. Unless you want to suffer of obesity and other health problems, take that!
- Burn your calories by moving your body! Regular exercise is a good solution indeed.
- Fasting is also suggested. You can make it once or twice a week. It is really potential in reducing your consumption on snacks and sweets which can cause obesity. But, remember, the process of lossing some weights and preventing obesity might be broken if you cannot control yourself in consuming food when breaking occurs.
So, if you think you have problem with your weight, just try to do those tips above. Are you having no problem with weight? Share it to people you know! Preventing is better than treating, isn’t it? Anyway, i hope you are not reading it while munching on some sweets. Remember, that might be dangerous!
Keeping Your Children away from Obesity
Obesity is the excess of body weight. It is resulted by the accumulation of fat. Some people might suffer from it. What makes obesity becomes problematic is not only on its ability of bothering one’s appearance but also on its potentiality of causing health problems. It can cause heart-attack, diabetes, hypertension, and so on. Even it might cause death. Obesity comes without seeing how old you are. Children might also suffered from obesity. That’s why it is important for you to gather some information on children obesity prevention. Keeping your children away from obesity then becomes necessary if you do not want lose those apple of your eyes.
Before knowing things-to-do in keeping your children away from obesity, it might important for you to learn about things which caused obesity in children. A conducted research stated that there are two main causes of children obesity. They are:
1) Genetical factor. It is hard to prevent this factor. Children from obese parents might have an obese body too. 2)Lifestyle. Let your children having fast food, soft drink, lack of exercises, and so on are really able in causing your children dealing with obesity.
After knowing those causes, then, doing some things listed below become important. They might be very useful to keep your children away from obesity. However, you should remember that it is hard to deal with genetical factor. All you can do in preventing your children from obesity is things dealing with lifestyle. Here are some information about children obesity prevention in dealing with lifestyle, check and try to apply them:
1. Look at your children’s diet. Do not let them having fast food too often.
2. Serve healthy diet for your children. Do not forget the important of milk, vegetables, and fruits for your children growth.
3. Prevent your children from taking snacks and sweets by preparing food-stock for your children anytime they have activities outside your house.
4. Improve your way of cooking. You can avoid frying food for your children since fried food have high-content of fat.
5. Cooking your food by steam, boiled, or roasted them. Those ways reduce the fat-content in your food.
6. Try not to let your children having their meals while watching television. If they have their meals while watching television, they will not aware of their food intake.
7. Do not let your children spending too much time in front of television, computer, and other gadgets. Spending too much time in front of gadgets will make them lazy to move their body.
8. Encourage your children to love outdoor physical activites such as cycling, rope jumping, or any games that requires physical movement.